Church of Santi Rocco e Sebastiano

Itinerari nel Rojale

The present building is the result of various renovations over time. The original building is very old; it was consecrated in 1307 and was built on the remains of an earlier small church.

At the end of the 19th century, when the increase in population led to the erection of the larger parish church, dedicated to Saints Hilary and Tatian, this little church became a cemetery chapel and in 1924 a Tempietto dedicated to the fallen in war.

The facade, distinguished by an architraved entrance arch with an upper round-arched lunette, is preceded by a three-arched portico.

The isolated tower bell tower is placed in front of the Tempietto and dates back to the early 16th century. It has a structure of ashlars and face stones, with string-course bands and belfry with a double row of mullioned windows with two lights.